Thursday, September 15, 2005

This morning at 3:30 am

I finally got up. I was up all night, tossing and turning. I could not sleep. Circus Circus is getting a little old. It's also getting very crowded. I don't want to be complaining, because there are a lot of people out there making do. And it is what it is. And there aren't a lot of options, and no great options. But it's very dusty, and the dust is getting into my respiratory system, I think. Or, I'm coming down with a cold. I'm paranoid about getting sick now, because I HAVE TO FINISH THE PHONE LIST!!!! Also, because I don't want to get sick.

Anyway, I was up all night with a scratchy throat and an earache, and I could hear the sounds of the tent--zippers opening, the squeaks of people turning on their cots, the occasional murmur. And I was sweating all night. I couldn't figure out if the air conditioning wasn't working and it was humid, or if I had contracted some terrible illness. With the sore throat and earache, I was wondering. So, I kept drinking water and I also had to get up and pee three times. 3:30 was the last time, and I thought, crap, I'm just going to get up and go to the office.

During my three visits to the port-o-potties, I noticed that they are beginning to smell. Add it all up and I'm going to look around at the other options. The thing I don't like most of all is the dust. I am not a dust person.

6 Comments:

At 5:07 AM , Blogger stewdog said...

OK, you sold me. Where do I sign up? Seems like you have sensorial overload. You need an eye mask to block out light, ear plugs to block out sound. . and . . a good old fashioned clothespin to seal your nose. You will,however, look funny waddling to the port a potty with all those on.

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Sarah Bott said...

I hear it's pretty loud in the mens' tents with all that snoring.

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Sarah Bott said...

Oh the hotel in Baton Rouge is NO dillemma now, no sir!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Bryan said...

SB,

Bryan here - from Osaka this evening. You're wonderful. Just wanted to let you know in case you had any moments of doubt!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Silver Streak said...

Worried, Schmurried. I'm frantic. There's a nice story about Sarah in the Sept. 16 Honolulu Advertiser, but I fear she is sick in bed. And I can't help! Love you, Hon. Mom

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger Silver Streak said...

She's ok. I just spoke to her. She's exhausted and hasn't had time to blog, and probably won't for a while.
Emily Bott (Bottmom)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home