Monday, September 12, 2005

Getting into New Orleans

Despite what you are seeing on TV, no one I've met here has been into New Orleans proper. You have to be accompanied by a US Marshall, and good luck with that.

I was busily eavesdropping in on a conversation between two New Orleans law enforcement officials today and they were complaining about a sniper that was on top of a building (as in, someone trying to shoot them), and one of them said they weren't going to send their guys back in there. So, there's another reason why things "take so long." In addition to the paperwork challenges, there are all these OTHER challenges!

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM , Blogger stewdog said...

I see that you are already getting hit with "comment spam". I hate it.
As to the hazards in N.O., I find a woman all the more attractive if she is packing heat. Perhaps you can snag a nice designer firearm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home